APPLY FOR A ZONING COMMISSION (ZC) OR BOARD OF ZONING ADJUSTMENT (BZA) COVID TIME EXTENSION
The Zoning Commission (ZC) granted an emergency text amendment that allows applicants to request an administratively approved six-month or one-year time extension for all ZC and Board of Zoning Adjustment (BZA) orders that expire between October 27, 2020 and April 27, 2021.
- The Commission had already granted an automatic six-month extension for all orders that expire between April 27, 2020 and December 31, 2020.
- This emergency text amendment augments that timeframe by administratively extending the validity of any order that expires between October 27, 2020 and April 27, 2021 for a fee.
- An application for six-month extension is $520 (or $50 for an owner-occupied BZA case) and an application for one-year extension is $1,000 (or $100 for an owner-occupied BZA case).
- The application is submitted through the Interactive Zoning Information System (IZIS) and will be granted administratively upon payment of the fee.
- The administrative extension does not count towards the number of extensions a project is limited to.
- Applicants may also apply for a two-year time extension which will follow the normal time-extension process.
To file for a BZA COVID Time Extension log into the Interactive Zoning Information System (IZIS) and select “File New BZA Case”, then select Form 160 – Application for a COVID Time Extension. For a ZC COVID Time Extension, select “File New ZC Case”, then select Form 106A – Application for a COVID Time Extension. Please have a Letter Requesting a COVID Time Extension, a Letter of Authorization (if necessary), and a List of Parties ready to upload.
If you have any questions or require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].