Zoning Commission (ZC) and Board of Zoning Adjustment (BZA) have begun to hold virtual public hearings as of May 2020. With virtual public hearings, no in-person testimony will be taken, but there are several alternative ways that you can provide comments or testify on any of the public hearing items scheduled:
- Submit Written Testimony:
- By WebEx Video:
- Register to testify below, and the Office of Zoning (OZ) will email you the instructions to log into WebEx.
- By Phone:
- Register to testify below, and OZ will email you the instructions to call into the public hearing; or
- Call the following OZ staff members to sign up to testify and to receive call-in information:
- ZC: Donna Hanousek at (202) 727-0789
- BZA: Robert Reid at (202) 727-5471
Witnesses testifying via WebEx video and phone are strongly encouraged to sign up to testify no later than 24 hours prior to the public hearing. If you forget to sign up 24-hours prior to the hearing, please call the OZ Hotline at (202) 727-5471 to sign-up to testify and to receive WebEx login or call in instructions.
The ZC and BZA request that all witnesses prepare their testimony in writing, submit the written testimony prior to giving statements, and limit oral presentations to summaries of the most important points. The ZC and BZA must base their decisions on the record before them, therefore, all written comments and/or testimony must be submitted to the record at least 24 hours prior to the start of the hearing.
The following maximum time limits for oral testimony shall be adhered to and no time may be ceded:
- Organizations 5 minutes each
- Individuals 3 minutes each
All public hearings can be viewed by Webex or on YouTube Live and will be available on video-on-demand the day after the hearing.
If you need special accommodations or need language assistance services (translation or interpretation), please contact Zee Hill at (202) 727-0312 or [email protected] five days in advance of the hearing. These services will be provided free of charge.
For more information on testifying virtually, please see the Virtual Hearing FAQs.